So you have set the big day, congratulations.
Now it is more than likely you’re starting to plan your wedding and like many couples you may be wondering where to start?
We’ve come up with a few things that you need to consider and hopefully will mean you’re less likely to have your head buzzing with too many idea!
- Consider the reality of your budget. We all know that we want our wedding day to be super special. BUT you’ll also want some kind of budget to be able to plan. The worst thing you can do is not plan it out and be left with bills you can’t pay. Have a budget for each area of your wedding from ceremony to price per head on food. This will give you a good sign of how much you need to save. It will also provide you with a timetable for when to book your big day.
- Make a guest list – without this you can’t book your venue, order your menus. You will want to have ample space for your guests and be able to cater to their tummies too! Think about whether you’ll be inviting children and booking hotel rooms (make a list of affordable or high end accommodation so your guests can choose to suit their budget).
- Take note of recommendations before hiring. We often work in collaboration for weddings with other local suppliers. This means we can offer a trustworthy chain but also ask around. If a friend had great wedding photos contact them and see how the photographer was to work with. Recommendations go a long way!
- Don’t skimp on the food! The wedding breakfast should be one of the highlights for the day. You’ll want some grub to look forward to and a menu that caters to numbers as well as budget! Think about hiring one of our vintage mobile bars where you can mix your own cocktails for a bit of added fun. Perfect if you are having an outdoor wedding this summer.
- Keep note! From email that provide contract details to simple finer details keep a note of what has been agreed and what price. This goes a long way to helping your budget but also for what you have agreed with anyone involved in your big day. Check the dates, times and costs of all of these people in one place so they are easy to go over should you need to.
We would love to hear your tips on what else you need to consider when planning a wedding. Head over to our facebook page and leave your comments on the page for us!